Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Holy Heat Wave

God, I love a 95 degree humid day! You don't hear that often do you? You know why? Because they are stoopid. Totally, totally stoooopid.

I have never been a central AC kind of gal. I really like to open the windows and let the breeze in. There is something unnatural about the fake air. And I feel closed in with all those windows closed up. When we built our house we opted not to put it in because of this belief of mine.

The last few years we have had a few heat waves that have caused us to sit in our underpants in front of fans and pant like dogs. But it's been over pretty quickly and life goes on.

Last year it seemed a bit worse...but then this year... I was about ready to hurt someone to be allowed just 5 minutes in central AC. Well, I'd hurt someone if I had the energy to move but I didn't so you don't have to worry. This year we did get some AC units for our bedrooms and that has helped. I feel like if I break down and get central AC we'll never really need it and then I'll be mad for spending the money on it. Although I know the longer I don't get it, the longer the heat waves will last.

I thought I might share my Top 10 List of Things That I "Love" About Heat Waves:

10. Boy do I love the ants that for some reason want to seek shelter in my house only during heat waves. I hate them.
9. I love when the commuter rail doesn't have any AC and you are stuck like a hobo on a freight train on a 1,000 degree day.
8. I love when your feet blow up from the heat like you are a bloated pig.
7. I love when you feel that little breeze and you think "oh, here it comes!" and then it quickly dies and you are sitting in the dead hot air again.
6. I love when you stick to your seat when you go to get out of the car.
5. I love when your sunglasses slide down your nose because of all the sweat. It's a good look. Both sweat and the sliding of the glasses.
4. I love when you get out of the shower and are already dripping in sweat by the time you get your clothes on.
3. I love when you try an outfit on and it's not doing it for you so you attempt to take it off but you can't because your clothes are stuck to you. Guess I'll wear this then...
2. I love when you attempt to put make up on but your face is "glistening" so much that it slides right off.
1. I love when you get up in the morning and it's as hot as when you went to bed and you know your make up is going to slide off your face and you know you will be soaked with sweat by the time you get to work. Good times.

Happy Sweating!

No comments:

Post a Comment