Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Taste Testers

In my last post, I told you about the new recipes I was going to try this week. I thought I'd give you an update on how they all worked out. At the end of each dinner when we've tried a new recipe, we vote to see if it is a "keepah". Here's how the new stuff rated this week:

First,  the cinnamon breakfast bites were a huge hit! I actually didn't think they would last five minutes after coming out of the oven. They are even good heated in the microwave days later. Well, two days later...that's as long as they lasted. They were easy to make too.

The breakfast potato bites didn't turn out as well. Mine looked nothing like the pictures and I'm guessing they didn't taste as good either. Mimi did like them but they are not going back on the keepah list. They were a pain to make and we weren't "in love" with them.

Conversely, the chickpea tacos will mo def be going on my keepah recipe list. Holy smokes, they were good and very filling. I've had them for lunch the past 2 days and everyone at work has been asking what I'm eating. I have made a taco with lettuce, guac, and cheese with my chick peas but you could really put on whatever you want. Jack and Timothy both liked them too. I have one day left and I can't wait to gobble them up again.

The butternut squash risotto is on tap for tomorrow night. I have been dreaming about it all week. I have made it many times so I know it is yummy. Can't wait!

I did also make a honey bbq chicken recipe tonight in my crockpot but I won't share the link because I didn't love it. The chicken was dry and the sauce wasn't as flavorful as I expected. It was okay, but not a keepah.

The rest of the week is just "regular" stuff - breakfast on Thursday and pizza on Friday so nothing exciting to report.

I'll keep you updated on other recipes I try though. Feel free to share your favorite keepah recipe with us!



No comments:

Post a Comment