Sunday, February 3, 2013

Adult Glasses

Does your glass cabinet look like mine? I have 3 stemless wineglasses (one broke) that we use for everything but wine. I have 4 plastic tumblers with palm trees on them that somehow made their way into our suitcases as souvenirs from our trip to Grand Cayman. We have one Patriots glass and one Celtics glass. We have 6 little glasses that had, at one time, been filled with mint juleps at the Kentucky Derby 2 years ago. I have 3 tall glasses, each etched with sea life creatures (sea horse, starfish, lobster)....the sand dollar one broke a few years ago. It made me really sad...I love those glasses. We have a glass mug from Fort Wilderness that Tim got when he was little on one of his trips to Disney. His mom found it a few years ago in her attic and gave it to us. Now the "glasses" at Fort Wilderness are plastic. So disappointing. We have glasses that date back to our wedding. Of course there are only 3 of the small glasses, but we do still have all 4 tall ones. And I fell out of love with them about 15 years ago.

I could keep going but I think you get the picture. Bottom line, we have a complete mish mash of glasses. We had some friends over for dinner last night and I couldn't bear one more dinner with mismatched water glasses. It was time. I needed an adult set of glasses. Enter Homegoods.

There I was yesterday morning trying to figure out which glasses to get. In my mind, I had images of recycled glass glasses or fun jewel colored glasses but they didn't have anything like that. They did have glasses with dots, swirls, square tall glasses, short chunky glasses, you name it. Too many choices really. It literally took me 30 minutes to decide. In the end I went with some tall, round glasses with cobalt blue bottoms. 8 of them. I wonder how long it will take before I have 7?

Am I the only one who was without adult glasses or do alot of you have similar glass cabinets?

1 comment:

  1. You will find as time passes that glasses lose their brothers and sisters but still serve a purpose. Eventually there will only single glasses without any pairs.

    ReplyDelete