Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I Have A Problem - I Can't Stop Reading!!

With all this camping time, I am going through about 2 books a week! I tend to pick books by the cover...they are usually preppy with some pink, green or plaid in the design, have a screwed up funny looking kid on the front, or the cover and the title don't seem to go together and it intrigues me. However, the old adage "never judge a book by its cover" can come back and bite you in the patootie.

So, rather than blindly select books by their covers, I thought I would reach out for some good recommendations. What have you just read that you loved? Or maybe you read it a long time ago and you still think about how good it was (Pillars of the Earth and The Red Tent come to mind for me).

Come on...send me a book recommendation I can add to my whale scale!

2 comments:

  1. A Walk in the Woods.....by Bill Bryson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!
    I really liked a book called, "The Undomestic Goddess," by Sophie Kinsella. Laughed so hard that I spit out soda on the back of some businessman's head in first class Delta!!! haha

    I also liked, "Bitter is the New Black," by Jen Lancaster. Much funnier than the weight loss (attempt) book.

    Miss your quirky sense of humor girl!

    ReplyDelete